Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ELECTION DAY

Well, today is a very important day. I know you have all voted and I hope it turns out the best for our country, which of course, in my opinion is McCain/Pallen. I know you all feel that he was'nt the best choice, but given the 2 choices, he was the only choice. I voted last Friday (sick as I was!) and just remembered my mother and her story of the first time she voted and how she dressed up for it and was just so proud to be able to vote. She wore a black and white poka dot dress, a hat and gloves and high heels. My mother was so patriotic, and I love her for teahcing me to love this country, and it is very hard to watch what is happening. Jim is reading the best book. It is the 5000 year leap by Cleon Skousen and it lists the 28 points the founding fathers wanted to keep in our system no matter what. (Robert bought it for us, thanks Robert!)It is all based on the golden rule and the New Testament and God and his principles. Their biggest fear is that would be turn into a godless nation and not educate our children as to how this great country was founded. By Christian thoughts. Of course it was. That is what they studied. And what they feared the most, has come to pass. Our children are not being taught about the consitution and how it came about and that is based on Christian values and thoughts, so that is going to be up to all of you. To teach your kids the truth. That this country was founded by God and must remain so or it won't be free. I love you all and hope that this night will turn out the way I pray it needs too. Especially Prop 8 in California. I'm praying for you all out there and the outcome. May God continue to Bless America.

2 comments:

Sarah Ball said...

I feel the same way. As scary as it will be to have Barrack Obama for president (I mean just his name says it all) I know that the Lord will take care of his own and that we will be okay. Today was the day that Cooper was due! crazy on Election day. wierd that he is already 2 months old! i love that you have a blog! Love you!

SISSY said...

I love that memory of Gma. I can just picture her all dressed up. I sure love her and am grateful for our Gma and her daughter and their Patriotism. I love you MOMMA!